Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Listen Up Activity - Writing - Signt Words

Listen Up Activity - learning sight words - to identify and be able to write them down correctly in their story writing. 

At first I gave my students three words for one book and then I realised that three words were too many for my students to remember. I then gave them one word and increased the words as they mastered the game. 

This is how I did it in class:

This game is very helpful. My students are now able to read so many words because they can recognise them in their book and they can also use them in their story writing. 

Listen Up 
- helps students to remember what words look like
- helps students to write words correctly
- gives students many opportunities to see words 
- students have plenty of time listening to how words are pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

United Nations Performance!